The benefits of OAO membership are extensive and can make a profoundly positive impact on your career as an optometrist. As an association comprising over 80% of Ontario's optometrists we are able to provide the power of peer-to-peer knowledge sharing, career support.
Moreover, we provide end-to-end monitoring of critical regulations, legislation and offer the strength of combined buying power for insurance coverage, emergency funding and other safety nets that will secure your future.
New graduates and practising optometrists alike benefit from OAO's extensive scope, including:
- Hear about changes to OHIP coverage, scope of practice regulations and the schedule of benefits first
- Receive our bi-weekly e-mail blog from the OAO President
- Receive personalized assistance on OHIP billing issues and help unraveling government red tape
- Have the best comprehensive malpractice insurance coverage in the province.
- Can access our Members’ Only web site
- Can attend OAO’s Annual Symposium & InfoMart at great rates
- Receive an OAO CD-Resource manual with comprehensive details on how to navigate government programs and services
- Get OAO’s quarterly newsletter and reports covering issues that matter to you and your practice