OAO offers continuing education to all optometrists. Whether it's through a weekend of learning at the OAO Annual Symposium and InfoMart, online education from the comfort of your home or office, or a one-day seminar, OAO is dedicated to providing professional development and education excellence for optometrists. Featuring a roster of both clinical and practice management courses, OAO provides education delivered by some of the greatest North American speakers in optometry, supporting optometrists to become successful in their clinics, and as business leaders.
Online learning from the comfort of your home or office: earn continuing education credits when and where it's most convenient for you.
If you are an OAO member click here to log in and access eLearning courses and other educational offerings for members.
If you are NOT currently an OAO member but would like to access eLearning courses please click here to create a profile.
If you already have a non-member profile, please click here to log in.
Courses currently available:
- Introduction to Financial Planning for Optometrists - 1 hour/1 Category B credit
- Introduction to Tax for Optometrists - 1 hour/1 Category B credit
- Tax Planning for Optometrists - 1 hour/1 Category B credit
- Tips on Making Your Business Successful - 1 hour/1 Category B credit
- Succession Planning for Optometrists - 1 hour/1 Category B credit
- Human Resources Management for Optometrists - 1 hour/1 Category B credit
- In-Office Electrodiagnostics for Non-Glaucoma Patients - 1 hour/1 COPE/Category A credit
- Laser Peripheral Iridotomy LPI: What's the Controversy? - 1 hour/1 COPE/Category A credit
- Laser Therapy for the Open Angle Glaucomas ALT, SLT - 1 hour/1 COPE/Category A credit
- Thyroid Dysfunction and the Eye - 1 hour/1 COPE/Category A credit
- Bringing the Love Back to the Visual Field - 1 hour/1 COPE/Category A credit
- My Greatest Spikes: Challenging Glaucoma Cases - 2 hours/2 COPE/Category A credits
- Fundus Autofluorescence Applications for Clinical Practice - 1 hour/1 COPE/Category A credit
- Taking the Mystery Out of Abnormal Pupils - 1 hour/1 COPE/Category A credit
To purchase any courses, please log in.
COPE Financial Disclosures
- All COPE speakers have been independently contracted by the Ontario Association of Optometrists (OAO) and will reveal relevant financial relationships at the beginning of their presentations.
- OAO staff members do not have any relevant individual financial relationships.
OAO Symposium and InfoMart
Our annual symposium, trade show and networking event.
2021 OAO Symposium and InfoMart - Save the Date
OAO will host this three-day event April 16 - 19, 2021 at the Toronto Sheraton Centre Hotel.
2020 Virtual Symposium Handouts