Membership with the Ontario Association of Optometrists (OAO) provides extensive and impactful benefits for your career in optometry. Representing the majority of Ontario optometrists we provide benefits including peer-to-peer knowledge sharing and career support.
OAO offers competitive insurance coverage, emergency funding and other safety nets for a secure future. This is made possible by the strength of our combined buying power. Some benefits include:
• Timely updates regarding changes to OHIP coverage, scope of practice regulations and schedule of benefits.
• Monthly e-mail newsletter from the OAO President.
• Personalized assistance on OHIP billing issues and government legislation.
• Best-in-class comprehensive professional liability insurance coverage in the province.
• Members’ only website portal, including access to multiple clinical resources.
• Reduced rates for attendance to OAO’s Annual Symposium & InfoMart and other regular events.
• Participation in OAO’s children's vision awareness program, Eye See...Eye Learn®.
• Access to high-quality, members-only online learning for continuing education credit.
How can I join?
To apply for OAO membership, please complete the following membership application form and consent to receive electronic communications form, and submit both to OAO via either:
Mail: Ontario Association of Optometrists
20 Adelaide Street East, Box 16
Suite 801 Toronto, ON M5C 2T6